The City Steading Universe
City Steading Entertainment Group is an “Edutainment” company founded by Brian and Derica. It includes this website, multiple YouTube channels, a members only VIP Club, multiple Instagram pages, Merchandise, various Facebook groups plus oh so much more. The goal is to introduce simple and natural methods of gardening, brewing, baking and cooking to a world wide audience. Their combined YouTube channels have nearly two hundred thousand subscribers and nearly twenty million views as of this writing (August, 2022).
Founders Brian & Derica host City Steading’s flagship show which has changed over the years to fit the needs of viewers. Originally known simply as City Steading, it has grown and changed with the times now including various channels that focus on specific topics. While education is the primary goal, entertainment follows close behind and Brian and Derica share their knowledge in a friendly and sometimes admittedly playful manner.
City Steading Brews offers new releases every Sunday with occasional bonus material on Thursday. Here Brian and Derica explore the world of brewing, share their experiences with recipes, talk in detail about specific brew related topics and give their opinion on tastings of their own creations as well as commercially made brews. This is all done in a conversational style with a splash of humor.
The City Steading VIP Club is a premium subscription service offering four degrees of membership. Members enjoy exclusive content through the members only Facebook group as well as live shows and member only videos. See what is happening behind the curtain. Get to know Brian and Derica on a more personal, unfiltered manner and perhaps even meet the cats. Who knows what you will see as a VIP.
Do you like plants? Derica sure does! Join her at Plant Life as she shares with you all things plant related. Food Forest Gardening, Raised Garden Beds, Container Gardening and Hydroponics. No green thumbs required! Edibles, succulents, Tropicals and so much more, all presented in a friendly manner. She is always willing to dive deeper into different gardening techniques!
Welcome to the Bistro! Here Brian along with help from Derica shares with you his fun and tasty plant based recipes. Recipes for everything from Breakfast to Dinner and all the yummy goodness in between! Need something quick? We got you covered. Want something a little extra to impress? We have that too! New videos released weekly!
Do you enjoy the game Dungeons and Dragons? Never played before but are interested to learn more? Well join Brian and Derica as they talk about their view point on this popular game. Methods to enjoy role playing, how to play utilizing on line services, helpful tips for players and Game Masters alike.
We now have Channel Memberships on City Steading Brews! That means you get a special icon next to your name signifying how long you’ve been a member and custom emoji’s to use in comments and on Live Streams. We also give out some information only to our Members and VIP’s, and Member comments get priority for getting questions answered on our channel. Membership is just $0.99 a month.
- Gift Ideas – We are here to help!That is right. It is that time of year again when we need to find unique gifts for those special people who are nearly impossible to find gifts for. I know you have at least one or two of “those people” in your life. I certainly do. Well, I have some good news. We are […]
- How to Eat What You Like and Be HealthyJust about everyone at some point has or will try some kind of diet. It might be the juice only diet or the bacon only diet, but it will be a diet. Diets are temporary. Diets make you think you will get to go back to “normal” once you’ve achieved some goal. If your goal is to be healthy, your diet is one great place to look, and I don’t mean some short term diet, I mean your actual eating habits. So how can you eat what you like and get healthy? It’s so simple, change what it is you like, and you will always eat healthy food, and never feel the want for unhealthy things. Easier said than done!
- How to Make your First Mead (Beginner Mead Making Made Easy)Making Mead is easy, and anyone can do it. Get started today for under $100 with easy to get equipment and ingredients.
- Walk! Don’t run… to read this blog post?I know what you are thinking. Derica, isn’t the saying, “Run, don’t walk!?” Well, yes, but hear me out. This particular article isn’t some contrived message to urge you to action. My intent here is to show the benefits of walking verses the benefits of running as an exercise. I was simply trying to be […]
- Understanding Soil AmendmentsSoil Amendments are useful substances that augment your soil to be better suited for the plants you intend to grow. The first step in choosing a soil amendment is determining what you want to grow. The second step is to determine the qualities of the soil you are working with. If your soil is mostly […]
- Hibiscus TeaHibiscus Tea is a delicious beverage that can be enjoyed either hot or chilled. It has a vibrant and attractive red hue and a surprisingly fruity flavor. Hibiscus tea has been known to prevent hypertension, lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar levels, keep your liver healthy, help with menstrual cramps, help with depression, aid digestion […]