The City Steading Universe
City Steading Entertainment Group is an “Edutainment” company founded by Brian and Derica. It includes this website, multiple YouTube channels, a members only VIP Club, multiple Instagram pages, Merchandise, a Facebook page plus oh so much more. The goal is to introduce simple and natural methods of gardening, brewing, baking and cooking to a world wide audience. With programming 5 days a week, their combined YouTube channels have over a hundred thirty thousand subscribers and nearly ten million views as of this writing (July, 2021).
Founders Brian & Derica host City Steading’s flagship show which has changed over the years to fit the needs of viewers. Originally known simply as City Steading, it then became CS Brews after the infamous split which created the sister show CS Cooks. CS Cooks, then became CS Cooks and Grows. With further rebranding CS Brews became City Steading Mead and More. CS Cooks and Grows became City Steading Healthy Living with some health concerns for Brian in late 2020. While education is the primary goal, entertainment follows close behind and Brian and Derica share their knowledge in a friendly and sometimes admittedly playful manner.
City Steading Brews offers new releases every Tuesday and Friday. Here Brian and Derica explore the world of brewing, share simple and natural recipes, talk in detail about specific brew related topics and give their opinion on tastings of their own creations as well as commercially made brews. This is all done in a conversational style with a splash of humor.
The City Steading VIP Club is a premium subscription service offering four degrees of membership. Members enjoy exclusive content through the members only Facebook group as well as live shows and member only videos. See what is happening behind the curtain. Take a walk in the garden. See what Brian is cooking. Meet the cats. Who knows what you will see as a VIP.
Here’s where we teach you how to make and grow amazing food that happens to be healthy too. Emphasis is on flavors, technique and using fresh ingredients. Brian was diagnosed with high blood pressure and diabetes in late 2020, and he and Derica realized everything had to change. Come learn along with them as they share their experiences through this serious health threat and learn how to make amazingly good food that ANYONE will enjoy.
We now have Channel Memberships on CS Mead and More! That means you get a special icon next to your name signifying how long you’ve been a member and custom emoji’s to use in comments and on Live Streams. We also give out some information only to our Members and VIP’s, and Member comments get priority for getting questions answered on our channel. Membership is just $0.99 a month.
- How to Eat What You Like and Be HealthyJust about everyone at some point has or will try some kind of diet. It might be the juice only diet or the bacon only diet, but it will be a diet. Diets are temporary. Diets make you think you will get to go back to “normal” once you’ve achieved some goal. If your goal is to be healthy, your diet is one great place to look, and I don’t mean some short term diet, I mean your actual eating habits. So how can you eat what you like and get healthy? It’s so simple, change what it is you like, and you will always eat healthy food, and never feel the want for unhealthy things. Easier said than done!
- How to Make your First Mead (Beginner Mead Making Made Easy)Making Mead is easy, and anyone can do it. Get started today for under $100 with easy to get equipment and ingredients.
- Walk! Don’t run… to read this blog post?I know what you are thinking. Derica, isn’t the saying, “Run, don’t walk!?” Well, yes, but hear me out. This particular article isn’t some contrived message to urge you to action. My intent here is to show the benefits of walking verses the benefits of running as an exercise. I was simply trying to be […]
- Understanding Soil AmendmentsSoil Amendments are useful substances that augment your soil to be better suited for the plants you intend to grow. The first step in choosing a soil amendment is determining what you want to grow. The second step is to determine the qualities of the soil you are working with. If your soil is mostly […]
- Hibiscus TeaHibiscus Tea is a delicious beverage that can be enjoyed either hot or chilled. It has a vibrant and attractive red hue and a surprisingly fruity flavor. Hibiscus tea has been known to prevent hypertension, lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar levels, keep your liver healthy, help with menstrual cramps, help with depression, aid digestion […]
- Food Goals – Not what you think!Can I make a Cheeseburger with a side of mac-n-cheese with under 20 carbs? I don’t mean some crappy bun that isn’t bread, or some crumbly dry burger and I definitely don’t mean zoodles and cheese (though zoodles are pretty awesome). No, I mean a burger that tastes and feels like a burger on a […]